Thursday, November 24, 2011

綠島小夜曲

綠島小夜曲 should be the state song of Penang, if not at least it is my unofficial state song. I have been away from Penang for more than 20 years, and this song will always remind me of my hometown, Penang. The song had been with me since the 60s, the first time I heard of this song was during my uncle's wedding, when his friend sung for the newly wed. I love the melody and the wordings, it may be a love song, but it also reflect the feeling of the travellers who are away from home, longing for returning to the homeland.

It tell you the story of an island, like my hometown Penang. The song of the green island, Penang

....and that is the only song that I can sing and remember until today.....



綠島小夜曲

曲 : 周藍萍 / 詞 : 潘英傑

這綠島像一只船 在月夜裏搖啊搖
姑娘呀 你也在我的心海裏飄啊飄
讓我的歌聲隨那微風 吹開了你的窗簾
讓我的衷曲隨那流水 不斷地向你傾訴
椰子樹的長影 掩不住我的情意
明媚的月光 更照亮了我的心
這綠島的夜已經這樣沉靜
姑娘喲 你為什麽還是默默無語


椰子樹的長影 掩不住我的情意
明媚的月光 更照亮了我的心
這綠島的夜已經這樣沉靜
姑娘喲 你為什麽還是默默無語

No comments:

Post a Comment